Powered by Blogger.

Lumber Plan Completed

Ive completed my lumber plan. This took longer than expected but I wanted to try and get the pieces laid out in such a way as to minimize waste. The difficulty lies in the fact that most of the parts are not straight. Determining a rough cut for each part is easy enough. You simply need to determine the length and width necessary to accommodate each piece. But what this doesnt do is show how pieces can sometimes be placed next each other in such a way as to use less wood.

I am also trying to decide whether to buy a band saw or a quality jig saw. The band saw would probably be easier to use, but will cost much more than the jig saw.I am delaying making a decision on this until I have a chance to discuss lumber prices with the supplier.

Regarding a lumber supplier. There are three places I have narrowed it down to. There is an outfit in San Antonio, one in Houston, and one in Austin. My preference is is to use the Austin location because it is convenient, but that will depend upon availability, pricing, and my general feel about the place. That will be my task for this week.

Not much else to report at this point. Life has kept me busy this week. Until , next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment